It's #NationalTequilaDay, and we know a thing or two about Tequila. We have over 40 different tequilas for you to enjoy. Because our love for tequila is so great, we're celebrating this weekend as well as next week.
Here at Cantina 1511 we are committed to serving you only the best quality tequila we can get our hands on. From our house to top shelf options we only serve hand crafted 100% Blue Agave tequilas.
For the uninitiated a blanco is un-aged clear tequila which can rest in stainless steel tanks for up to four weeks before being bottled. Reposado tequilas are aged anywhere from 2 to 11 months in American or French Oak barrels and take on a light golden hue.
Anejos rest in barrels for at least one year and up to three after which they are classified as Extra-Anejos. Anejos are reminiscent of whiskeys as a result of this long aging process. We recommend using a blanco or a reposado in margaritas. Anejos are traditionally enjoyed neat. Our Mezcals are 100% Agave and made in the traditional way imparting a huge smokey flavor.
Here are some #Tequila Facts!
- Tequila is a distilled beverage which is made from the blue agave plant.
- Made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, 40 miles Northwest of Guadalajara and in the highlands (Los Altos) of the western Mexican state of Jalisco.
- Agave tequila grows differently depending on the region.
- Mexican law states that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jalisco and limited regions in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit and Tamaulipas.
- Don Cenobio Sauza, founder of Sauza Tequila and Municipal President of the Village of Tequila from 1884-1885, was the first to export tequila to the United States.
- The Consejo Regulador del Tequila (Tequila Regulatory Council) in 2008, reported 901 registered brands of tequila from 128 different producers.
- Blue Agave – grown in the highlands region – larger in size and sweeter in aroma and taste.
- Agave – grown in the lowland region – have more herbaceous fragrance and flavor.
Enjoy #NationalTequilaDay with some friends and Remember to always drink responsibly and to never drink and drive.